I was nominated for this lovely award by three wonderful bloggers throughout November and they are:
Thank you for nominating me!
- Thank the giver and link their blog to your post.
- Answer the 3 original questions and then the 3 new questions from your nominator given to you.
- Nominate your 6 favorite bloggers! In your nominees, I would like for you to think of the light emanating from the stars, the ones that truly touch your soul with their work. The ones that are the light for you; a true STARLIGHT Blogger.
- Please pass the award on to 6 or more other Bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated by you.
- Include the logo of the award in a post or on your Blog, please never alter the logo, never change the 3 original questions. Answer that first, then answer the 3 new questions from your nominator, and never change the Award rules.
- Please don’t delete this note: The design for the STARLIGHT Bloggers Award has been created from YesterdayAfter. It is a Copyright image, you cannot alter or change it in any way just pass it to others that deserve this award. Copyright 2015 © YesterdayAfter.com – Design by Carolina Russo
If you could meet anyone from throughout history, who and why?
Good question! I honestly don’t know who I would meet. I know I should say I would want to meet someone inspirational, but honestly I might just want to meet J.K Rowling -who is inspirational I know I know- but when she was just in the little cafe and writing up Harry Potter on napkins.
What is your favourite book and why?
That’s so hard! I can’t pick just one book! There’s of course Harry Potter, but then the Book Thief, Six Of Crows, Illuminae, The Night Circus, I could go on!
Who is your favourite fiction character from any medium and why?
I’m stealing Ashleigh’s and Michelle’s answer for this and saying Hermione Granger! She is smart, witty and a professional bibilophe. Anytime I read Harry Potter (which I am doing currently), and read Hermione’s ‘scenes’ she just really inspires me ro kind of be okay with the nerd inside of me. Does that makes sense? She is like a fictional role model for girls who are smart, bookish and bossy. And I love how she caring she is towards Harry and Ron and she is a super talented witch!
If you could have a pet from any book you’ve read, which would it be?
Fawkes! It was Dumbledore’s ‘pet’ and I would love to just have a Phoenix around. I could never be accused of not looking after it because it can never die anyway!
Have you ever cried at a book? If so, which?
I have cried at many books, but the book I cried the most for was The Book Thief. Like this wasn’t just tears people, this were like ugly, ugly tears with a runny nose. There were too many feels to deal with!
What are 3 books you would recommend?
Can I just kindly refer you to my Astra’s Fortnightly Recommends Post which I will link here. The current recommend is Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell while the last two have been Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard and Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.
Are you a fangirl of any book? Which is it and why?
I’m a fangirl of many books, but I will give the spotlight to Six Of Crows because OMG this book is too brilliant for words! The writing, the chracters, the setting! Everything was just spot on and I wish everyone could read this book, I can’t gush about it enough.
If you could go into any bookstore with an unlimited budget, which five books would you walk out with?
If only! Hmm I will probably hunt down for really expensive, special copies of certain books. Hmm I actually don’t know…I will just say five books that I really want right now! No, I’m going to actually list five graphic novels, so it wouldn’t seem like I’m wasting my own money on something I will read in less then a day.
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
- Lumberjanes by Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis, Brooke A. Allen
- The Wicked + The Divine by Kieron Gillen, Jamie McKelvie (Illustrations), Matt Wilson (Colorist), Clayton Cowles
- The Completed Maus by Art Spiegelman
- The Search for WondLa by Tony DiTerlizzi
Choose three characters from your favourite novel and play Marry, Kiss & Kill.
I’m picking Harry from Harry Potter, The Darkling from Shadow and Bone and Levi from Fangirl. Gosh I just made this hard for myself! Ummm kill The Darkling, his too dangerous to live…
…kiss Harry and Marry Levi!
What is your favorite read of 2015 so far?
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, but I don’t think it was my absolute favourite completely, I can’t really pick just one after the great reading year I had!
What is your most anticipated book release for 2016?
There are so many awesome books that are coming out! I will share a new one book coming out in 2016 that I discovered just a few weeks ago. It is called The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead. Here is the blurb:
Big and sweeping, spanning the refined palaces of Osfrid to the gold dust and untamed forests of Adoria, The Glittering Court tells the story of Adelaide, an Osfridian countess who poses as her servant to escape an arranged marriage and start a new life in Adoria, the New World. But to do that, she must join the Glittering Court.
Both a school and a business venture, the Glittering Court is designed to transform impoverished girls into upper-class ladies capable of arranging powerful and wealthy marriages in the New World. Adelaide naturally excels in her training and even makes a few friends: the fiery former laundress Tamsin and the beautiful Sirminican refugee Mira. She manages to keep her true identity hidden from all but one: the intriguing Cedric Thorn, son of the wealthy proprietor of the Glittering Court.
When Adelaide discovers that Cedric is hiding a dangerous secret of his own, together, they hatch a scheme to make the best of Adelaide’s deception. Complications soon arise—first, as they cross the treacherous seas from Osfrid to Adoria, and later, when Adelaide catches the attention of a powerful governor.
But no complication will prove quite as daunting as the potent attraction simmering between Adelaide and Cedric. An attraction that, if acted on, would scandalize the Glittering Court and make them both outcasts in wild, vastly uncharted lands. . . .
I’m not a fan of the cover though. Say no to people on covers!
If you were stranded on a desert island and were allowed to bring three books with you, which would you choose?
The Fellowship of The Ring by J.R.R Tolkien– maybe there I will actually finish it!
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K Rowling– The last book is just too awesome, so I would love to reread it again and again! I don’t think I can get bored of Harry Potter.
Umm I should probably bring a classic as well, so I will say How To Kill A Mocking Bird by Harper Lee as I still need to read it!
I tag…(oh and take your time with the award if you need to because I took a bloody month to do this! And if you have already been awarded of course you don’t have to do it again!)
My three questions along with the original three are…
- What is book to movie adaptation you liked?
- Do you have a fictional boyfriend? If yes, then say who!
- What is your favourite standalone and book series?
I’ll write soon!