Hello hello hello everyone! I hope you are all doing brilliantly and Monday is treating you not too harshly!
I haven’t did a tag in ages it feels so I want to do one today. I was tagged by Michelle @ Book Adventures for this Bookish Scenarios Tag! Thank you and sorry for taking so long to do it! You guys should check out her blog because it’s top quality!
Let’s just jump straight into this tag!
1) You have to get rid of all your books and you can keep only one from each of these genres – contemporary, fantasy, non-fiction and one other genre of your choosing. What books do you keep?
This is a frankly, impossible scenario as BOOK ARE LIFE AND LIFE IS BOOKS. But if I was forced at gun point I would probably choose:
Contemporary- More Than This by Patrick Ness
Fantasy- Harry Potter by J.K Rowing
Non-fiction- People Who Changed the World by Rodney Castleden
Historical Fiction- The Book Thief
2) You’re at the bookstore and you hear a teenager telling their mom they don’t like to read, but their mom insists they pick something. You walk over and recommend a book you think is great for people who aren’t big on reading – what book is it?
This question is so hard because I would just want to recommend every brilliant book that I’ve read which means a load of books! Hmm I’ll pick a book that I think would be fun and addictive which well make the teenager want to read more fun and addictive books. SO I’ll recommend Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff!
3) You’re not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which book do you read to put yourself in a great mood?
Hmmm another hard one. I think reading in general just boosts my spirits- just being in a world which isn’t as crappy as reality. But if I needed a pick me up, I would probably pick up a nice, cozy read so Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell is my choice.
4) You go back in time for a day to your child-hood years. What book would you most likely have caught yourself reading?
My mind is blank! I used to read non fiction books about war (which probably feed my unhealthy fascination on the World Wars) to fiction books about magical orphanages. I’m just going to say any Roald Dahl books because they were so fascinating! I really loved the illustrations in most of his books as well.
5) Your friend surprises you with a 4 day trip and you have 1 hour to pack. Which book do you bring to read on the way?
Probably book that I am currently reading. I’ll probably go and get some graphic novels for the rest of the trip as well so that I’m not engrossed in a full length novel while chillin’ with my friend.
6) Your house has been robbed! Don’t worry – everyone is safe, but your bookshelf has been raided. What’s the book you really hope is safe?
MY HARRY POTTER BOOKS! I finally got the beautiful hardcover Bloomsbury for Christmas last year and I’m not letting them go now! I’ll probably add any books I have that are signed as well.
7) Your friend borrows a book and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) Just pretend you haven’t noticed b) Ask them to repurchase it or c) Secretly do the same to something of theirs?
Michelle took the noble road I feel but I am completely not about that life! If you damaged my book your paying for a new one. If you let me borrow your earphones and I trashed them I would pay for new ones for you. Yep so definitely B and you’re never borrowing one of my books again 🙂
(I’ll do all of my tagging when I have more time, but if you want to go and do this tag- do it!)
I’ll write soon!