Hello everyone! I haven’t did a T5W in AAAAGEESSS! I don’t really know what happened but I saw the topic this week and thought why the hell not! I don’t think I’ve did a recommending post in quite a long time, so this was a brilliant topic for me!
Top 5 Rainy Day Reads
1) Me Before You by Jojo Moyes– This book is so great and the writing is as cozy, authentic and enjoyable to read as Rainbow Rowell’s own writing. If you haven’t read this book I think you need to get on it as it’s such a great read to curl up with a thick blanket with, not to mention the characters are spot on.
2) An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir– If you want an epic, high fantasy novel with characters you want to root for then you need to pick up An Ember In The Ashes. The writing and world-building is so fabulous and immersive.
3) All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven– I liked reading this book so much and I feel like I don’t talk about it enough on this blog. Though I didn’t love Violet, my love for Finch was enough for both of them. Sometimes I find that contemporaries can be a tad boring, this one hooked me right away.
4) Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo– I can basically spend this time talking about how swoonworthy the Darkling is and all but I have to talk about the brilliant world Bardugo created! From the Russian influences to the magic, Shadow and Bone is such a fun, but suspenseful read and the perfect book to read while it’s pouring it outside.
5) The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen– I feel like I talk about this book way too much, but I’m just compensating for the lack of love for this book I’ve seen. I just loved it so much and it’s lovely high fantasy setting is brilliant at transporting you from your rainy day to an epic, fantasy world.
Those are my rainy day reads, what are yours? Tell me below which books you would read on a rainy day (which is 80% of the time in the UK) and recommend down below and let’s get chatting!
I’ll write soon!